International Student Visa Information
Download the brochure
F-1 Visa and I-20
Alliant is recognized by the immigration service and is able to provide foreign students with the I-20 form necessary to apply for an F-1 student visa. Our Admission Department is here to help students throughout the entire process outlined below.
The Student Visa Process
- Alliant will review and verify the following documents for each registering student and issue the I-20 to the student:
- Copy of valid passport
- Academic transcripts from previous degree (foreign transcripts must be translated into English)
- Official copy of diploma or letter from school certifying graduation status
- Proof of financial responsibility
- Pay the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) I-901 fee to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- The SEVIS fee must be paid with information from the I-20.
- Print the fee payment receipt to present at visa interview at a U.S. embassy/consulate and at the U.S. Port of Entry.
- Complete the DS-160 online visa application
- Use the “BACK” and “NEXT” buttons that are part of the application and not the web browser's back and next arrows
- Be as completely accurate as possible with any questions asked and DO NOT submit the application until it is complete
- At the end of the online application, print the confirmation page with barcode that is required for all phases of the interview
- The U.S. Department of State provides additional guidance on completing the DS-160
- Schedule and complete visa interview at a U.S. embassy/consulate
- Arrive at a U.S. airport and clear customs at a U.S. Port of Entry with the following documents:
- Original I-20
- F-1 student visa stamp in passport
- Valid passport
- Financial documents consistent with I-20